They make a major contribution to the economic, social and cultural development of Northern Ireland and play a key role in attracting inward investment. Their core business activities are teaching and learning, widening access to education, research and innovation and technology and knowledge transfer.
- They have a positive impact on the economy and community in Northern Ireland and employ over 3000 staff with an annual turnover of more than £200 million.
- Technology and knowledge transfer and commercial exploitation of ideas are promoted by their Office of Innovation through a range of initiatives and ongoing research and consultancy with business and industry.
- They are a major contributor to the Research and Development capacity within Northern Ireland and they support local business and industry. The 2008 Research Assessment Exercise confirmed the strength and quality of their research and the advances that they are continually making.
- They make a leading contribution to lifelong learning (via eLearning), widening access to education for all - enhancing the region's knowledge base.
- Partnerships have been forged with other educational providers locally, nationally and internationally and they have a network of strategic partnerships throughout the world.
VISIT THE ULSTER UNIVERSITY WEBSITE