Save the date!
Dates for future Belfast Children's Festival - Add them to your diary now!
We are particularly interested in receiving CVs from creative practitioners with experience under the following headings:
• 3 years experience designing and delivering Visual Art (all disciplines)/ Drama/ Music/Dance, workshops to children and young people
• 2 years experience of designing and delivering creative workshops in educational settings with specific experience of working with primary school children and teachers
• 2 years experience of designing and delivering creative workshops for Early years/ Pre-school children
• Experience of delivering CPD training for teachers
• 2 years experience in design of creative workshops for children and young people aged from 3yrs to 14yrs
• Experience in design and delivery of large scale/ spectacle events (EgE.g. Christmas Grottos, ‘Enchanted’ Gardens etcetc.)
All applicants must display high level of attention to detail and an understanding of administrative processes involved in workshop design and delivery
The assessment process:
1. Assessment of submitted material (15th to 26th September)
2. Artists invited for interview. (Interviews will take place the week beginning the 6th of October)
3. Compulsory professional development training. This training will be offered to artists successful at interview stage. It will take place at YAA offices and take 2hrs on an agreed evening. The training focuses on Young at Art’s approach to delivering high quality creative experiences for children and young people in educational settings.
Artists will not be paid for this training but agreed travel expenses will be covered. (Training will take place mid October 2014)
4. All facilitators who complete the training will be added to the database and contacted as work arises. If you are an artist who has worked with YAA in the last 12 months please submit an updated CV & images highlighting work completed recently.
If you are interested in working with Young at Art and meet the requirements above please apply by sending us the following in one single PDF document:
1. CV (Max 2 x A4 pages)
2. Name, address, telephone and email addresses of 2 professional referees (they must not be relatives)
3. Short Biography outlining your experience (Max 1 x A4 page)
4. 5 Images of previous work (if applicable)
5. You are welcome to include Website/Vimeo/Youtube links in place of images
6. Clearly highlight on your application which opportunity you are applying for Education or Events or both.
Applications must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Friday 12th September 2014.
All successful applicants will be required to complete criminal convictions declaration forms and other documents in compliance with Child Protection and Safeguarding policies.